Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hungry Baby!

Okay... since I have been back at work, Haydn and I have a feeding routine. Whatever I pump (still nursing) on Monday during work is what she gets on Tuesday, and what I pump on Tuesday, she gets on Wednesday... so on and so forth...

Okay, so yesterday, Friday, she drank everything I pumped out on Thursday and what I pumped out on Friday... She usually eats like 12 ounces while I'm at work but Friday, she ate almost 17ounces. She barely even easts 12 ounces... but 17!!! Is she growing? Is it a growth spurt? What in the world... Is she gonna eat that much now on... I can barely even get her to finish a 4ounce bottle in one sitting. I takes her almost 1 1/2 hours to finish 4 ounces.

So this is my question to all you mom's who nurse... How do I trick my body to produce more milk?

I pump every 3 hours and get 4 ounces every single time. I think I need to get like 5-6 ounces now.... At least I think so just in case. what do I do to get more milk to come out? Help!!!

7 comments:

My name is Frances said...

I know this may sound hard...but pump every 2 hours now (start the timer when you beginning pumping, not when you're done). They way you trick your body to produce more milk, is to get the sucking sensation to tell your body "i need more milk please!" Give it a few days to see a difference, it'll work, trust me :)

Haydn's cute, she's so little, well to me cuz my babies are getting BIG.

katie said...

hey momma!
to "trick" your body you need to pump an extra time-- like right before you go to bed or wake up in the middle of the night OR about and hour after her very first feeding )cuz the morning is when you usually have the most milky) BUT as you pump- your body should produce the "extra" that is needed.. does that make sense?! hope so... if you think she needs more BUT you arent pumping enough.. ask the doctor or even supplement with formula if you have to, BUT if she is content with what she is given then she should be fine.... but ya-- she may be GROWING! and needing more milky.. =) call me if this is too confusing!

Lauren Manalili said...

Okay folks... I'm gonna pump every two hours and pump an extra time at night... Let's hope this works... or else she's gonna starve.. haha.. just kidding.

But like so far today, I fed her before I went to work and Jp and har came so we can have lunch together, and since 9:30, she only ate about 3 ounces... this girl is crazy!

selle said...

hope it works!!! ya i need to pump before i go to bed...cause i need more back up milk in my freezer!!! especially since i use it for her rice cereal!

haydn is a chubby chubs too!!! haha!

Rubyellen said...

pump like crazy! increase it like they said.

Iris said...

also drink a lot of water. i would suggest getting her used to formula because later, once your milk supply goes down or you can't pump anymore (God forbid) she may be really hard to get her to take formula later. you can give part breastmilk and part formula too.

Pamela Jam said...

diddo!