Wednesday, December 2, 2009

She is getting better

... after a visit to her Pediatrician.


So last week on Monday night, Jp and I made our way to the ER again because her fever was well over 104 and threw up. She has had a fever for 2 nights prior so we didn't want to wait any longer. Anyway, the ER told us she had a UTI. They checked with a cathatar and sure enough, they came back saying something was in there. They gave her two shots and prescribed her some anti-biotics. After so many days passing by, she still had a 103 fever every night. Let's just say Jp and I were not happy.



I made her follow up appointment after the holidays because the office was closed. We had the urine culture results faxed over to Dr. Perez's office and the results said negative for the UTI test! I was so upset. Dr. Perez said the white blood cell count was a little abnormal, whatever that means, but definately no UTI. I could not believe my ears... I was so upset!



After her pedi checked her ears, both ears are infected. and they had gotten worse because it went untreated for so many days already. She was misdiagnosed and it makes me so mad! After one day of being on the right antibiotics, she had no more fevers, and she was able to go back in her crib for the first time in 7 days. I don't know why, but how does a baby just over 2 feet long take up a King Size Bed! Blows my mind. She hated sleeping with us too but we felt better so we can monitor her fever.



She is back to her normal sleeping schedule of 9 to 7 no more fevers and her ears are getting treated and that makes me happy =).



Oh, and operation

is just around the corner... I can't wait!

1 comment:

Rubyellen said...

oh yay! praise God she is doing better...