Wednesday, May 26, 2010

15 Week Countdown

This pregnancy is a breeze! It really went by so fast! But I am looking forward to it ending soon. I know... so soon! But I know what kind of damage is ahead of me if I keep craving Cinnamon Rolls from Cinnabon! OMG! They are really amazing!

Topic of the day... Cravings! They are truly an amazing gift from God! hehe. I didn't have any cravings with Haydn but this one... man oh man... if I hear something appetizing, I have to have it! Like cinnamon rolls for example... Cinnabon is pretty good, BC Cafe was amazing, homemade ones.... they filled the craving... not so much amazing!haha. I went from fruit to pure sugary calorie filled desserts! I really hope my 12 lb weight gain doesn't turn to 30lbs by June 17th... my next appt! Eeks!

second topic of the day has to do with haydn... I am so thankful for Haydn's school and her teachers! Especially Mrs. Flo. Not only is she seasoned, we see eye to eye in regards to God and she supports whatever Jp and I decide on how to raise Haydn and I truly feel like she was meant to impact our lives so much more than just her taking care of Haydn. Anyway... she brought up the topic of setting boundaries for Haydn. I don't know if you know, but Haydn is one of the most friendliest babies ever! Yeah... it's cute, but is it fun when she runs up to people in the mall and says hi to everyone and sometimes ask people to carry her... NO! It scares me with how open she is to anyone... Friends and family, by all means, but total strangers... she doesn't know any better, so we are starting to "Set Boundaries"

Now how the heck are we gonna do that! Sheesh... Right now, we are teaching her she can only kiss Mama and Dad on the lips, anyone else, she can only hug or kiss on the cheek... but she gets a kick out of kisses on the forehead. When she kisses you on the forehead, you can get a little giggle out of her too! How do you guys "Set Boundaries" First time parents... a concept we knew we were gonna have to learn, but we didn't think so soon.

1 comment:

Pamela Jam said...

my advice would be to talk to her more. Since shes able to understand what you guys are saying for the most part talk to her more. explain things to her, even if you have to make up a reason.. she's not at the age where she'll ask why. ex: Evan loves walking in the parking lot without holding our hands... big no to us. if we let him do that even if he's walking near us, he may just start running around one day. We parents always have to be one step ahead... we explain he has to hold our hands or the cars wont see him. and everytime we cross a lot, we stop and makes sure he holds our hands to instill it in his head. You kinda have to catch her before the act. everytime she's about to kiss someone, point out the cheeks before she gets a chance to kiss. everytime she kisses you guys say the words kiss lips while she does it. you kinda have to be a broken record... keep talking, showing, and explaining. when she sees strangers you know shes gonna say "hi" do it with her by waving hi from a distance and then show her "bye" and walk away. keep doing it..thats how they really learn. it may seem they dont get it but they really do. when they see you doing it and hear you... they follow you. you'll be doing alot of boundaries and explaining when she reaches 2, but we started early too... and we always tried to be one step ahead. good luck! :)